[print$] problems...

Wade Winright Wwinrigh at thecreek.com
Fri Jan 4 16:43:04 GMT 2002

Hello all,
Got a problem trying to set up the print$ share. Here is the situation. I am
running samba 2.2.2 on Red Hat 7.2.
Set up the share as per the printer_driver doc.
Ensured permissions were correct to access the share and subdirectories.
I go to install the drivers from a win2k client andall seems to go smoothly
until it tries to actually install the drivers.
At this point, the client asks for the win2k server cdrom for a file "*.inf"
(Windows doesn't even know what file it is looking for)
I point it to the directory it seems to want to go to, and it then says that
it cannot install the driver because it is not compatible with this version
of Windows.
I can't figure this one out, and I've been searching all day and of course
it is Friday and all I want to think about is my home system, not my work
system. Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Wade Winright
"Open the pod bay doors HAL!!!"
-Arthur C. Clarke