Problem starting samba

Hidong Kim kim at emeraldbiostructures.com
Fri Jan 4 00:04:10 GMT 2002

How did you start Samba?  I usually start it from the Swat Web browser
interface.  You can also start it with '/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start'.
You have to be root to do this command.  You can also check the status
of Samba with '/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb status'.  I should mention that I'm
running Smaba on a Red Hat 7.2 machine.  I have no experience with BSD,
so I don't know if any of this will apply for you.  Good luck,

Hidong