ghost machines, revisited

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Thu Jan 3 12:48:02 GMT 2002

Excellent point - this should point to the master browser and hopefully it
will be something other than SAMBA.  You might check and see if your
smb.conf settings are set so it will always win the browse election - one in
particular is os level = 64 - I think this will ensure that SAMBA always
wins the broswer election.  I don't know how this works across the subnets
though.

James