SAMBA NEWBIE ?

Ernie Schroder eschroder06478 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 19:38:04 GMT 2002

Herb,
	I had valid users = ernie, jo in the shares section and removed the comma.
I still get a window asking for a password to access \\LOCALROAST\IPC$, at
the Win98 machine the password I created for user jo doesn't work nor does
the password for user ernie. If I log onto the windows box as ernie I have
access to the share.
samba.conf follows:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localroast.localdomain (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2002/01/02 21:54:32

# Global parameters
[global]
	netbios name = LOCALROAST