SAMBA NEWBIE ?

Ernie Schroder eschroder06478 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 16:40:03 GMT 2002

Hi All,
	I have taken a limited look at archives and I guess my level of patience
isn't what it used to be...  How can I allow windows user (jo) password=
xxxxx access to home/ernie on a RH7.2 box user = (ernie) password = yyyyy ?
I can get there if I log onto the windows box as ernie with password yyyyy
but would like to avoid the log off/log on if I can, and I don't want users
on jo to have my password.
	Using SWAT I added user jo with password xxxxx and enabled user then
restarted smbd and nmbd. What am I missing?
--
Regards, Ernie
Guaranteed 100% Microsoft and Intel free