Password Question

Philippe Veronneau security.is.privacy at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 2 12:54:06 GMT 2002

Hello,  My name is Philippe and I'm not quite sure I'm asking in the
right place this question but here it goes anyway.
I installed OpenBSD and configured Samba... Everything is working fine,
my users in the LAN using win98 boxes are
all able to access their share.  The password file /etc/samba/smbpasswd
contains their password and is not syncing with
the unix password /etc/master.passwd.  I'm looking for a way to force my

users to change their password each 30 days.
The password I want changed is the one in /etc/samba/smbpasswd, the one
to connect on the network and access their share.
I found a way to change their password using their win98 box (in the
control panel and then users)... so they can change their
password when they want, but I do not wish to rely on that.  Instead
i wish them to change their password each 30 days.
This is one part of the security standards we wrote in our company that
they need to change their password.

If you have a solution, suggestions, documentations etc... please help
me by email
=)

Have a good day and keep up the good work.

BWoTHa
security.is.privacy at videotron.ca