HP720C - Samba - WinME

Viktor Gars viktor.gars at telia.com
Tue Jan 1 13:08:04 GMT 2002

Hi

I have a Redhat 7.2 server running Samba 2.2.2 (? latest CVS version) and I
share a tmp directory and a printer, a HP720C. When I connect to the server
via my Win2k PC everything works perfekt, the printer installes without
problem and I can access the share but when I try it on the WinME PC the tmp
share works find but I cant connect the printer. I have installed the
drivers from www.hp.com on the PC and changed the port from LPT1 to
\\digital\hp720c (the printer on the server) but then the printer wont work,
I get a error message from the printer software (HP software not windows)
that tell me the printer comunication broke down and the printing was
aborted. I can get the printer to work when I install it as a text only
printer. I don't think the there is a problem with Samba but is there anyone
else who have a 7XX printer and has got it to work under WinME and Samba?
Please Help :)

Regards

Viktor Gars

------------My smb.conf--------------