samba and NT PDC

Pulu 'Anau pulu at qsc.to
Tue Jan 1 01:51:04 GMT 2002

You just need to set your security parameter to be domain (security =
domain) and then make an adduser script that creates the directories
automatically.  It could just be something like:

useradd -p "im a nothing password" $1
mkdir /home/$1
chown $1 /home/$1

Of course you'll probably want to add more parameters to the useradd
command, for example to give them no shell, etc, etc.  The -p on this
system (openbsd) wants a prehashed password, so if you give it anything
else, it's pretty much worthless.

Pulu

----

Pulu 'Anau