[Samba] Mounting smbfs as guest at boot time

Sue Spence suespence99 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 15:52:05 GMT 2002

I wish you had replied to my most recent message,
where I mentioned that I have in fact tried mounting
the share in boot.local, which is the SuSE linux
equivalent to rc.local.

I may give up and negotiate with the win2k admins to
set me up some bogus user and then put a
username/password string in the mount command.  I know
that will work. It's just not gonna work as guest
unless I background the mount during boot and let it
keep trying until it finally succeeds, and that seems
like a poor solution (even if it did work, and it
probably would).

FWIW I think this is a bug. I'm just not sure whose
bug it is.