[Samba] Problem with Winbind

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Feb 28 13:27:02 GMT 2002

Hi Jeff,
Yeah - I think that smbpasswd lied to you.  Try removing and recreating the
machine account password for your samba server on the Win2k DC by HAND,
instead of allowing smbpasswd to try to create it for you (make sure you
check the box when you create the machine account that says that it can be
used by prewin2k machines); THEN try smbpasswd -r PDC -j domain.

Hope this helps
Don