[Samba] solaris 8/samba3.0alpha15: ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol socket: referenced symbol not found

David Edward Shapiro David.Edward.Shapiro at btitele.com
Thu Feb 28 12:58:21 GMT 2002

Any hope getting an answer for this?

If you do an ls -la in a directory that is part of a path of a share, you
get the following error:

ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol
socket: referenced symbol not found
Killed

So, for example, if you have a share:

[monkey]
        comment = monkey
        path = /export/home/monkey
        #guest account =
        valid users = @users
        admin users = @admin
        read only = No
        force create mode=660
        force group=users
        inherit permissions = yes
        directory mask=750
        hosts allow = 10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0

If I ls -la in /export/home I get the error.  If I ls -la in
/export/home/monkey, I do not get the error.  /export/home/monkey has group
set to users.  Of course, /export/home is not owned by users.  It does not
do the message in /export.  It appears the message occurs in one directory
back from he share.  This is really bad.  Any fix to this?

David E. Shapiro
Senior Unix Admin
BTi - the future of communications
4300 Six Forks Road, Raleigh, NC 27609