[Samba] Operating Windows files from Oracle

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Thu Feb 28 09:37:29 GMT 2002

What you are asking isn't really specific enough.

1. What OS is the Oracle server running on?
2. How does Oracle access the files in utl_file_dir?

If this is linux, and just accessing files in a directory, then yes samba
should help, as it will allow you to mount windows shares on a linux box.

At 05:06 PM 2/28/02 +0000, Dimza Asnate, Glasgow wrote:

>I am an absolute beginner with Samba, considering if it's worth installing.
>
>The problem I have is : I want to  include windows directories into Oracle
>utl_file_dir.
>
>Will installing Samba allow me to do this?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Asnate

>This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
>service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
>anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
>http://www.star.net.uk

Martyn

Life's a bitch, but so am I.

icq - 122500800