[Samba] Problems with freshly compiled Samba 2.2.3a

Angel Gabriel angel at daddyt.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 07:11:09 GMT 2002

I have just compiled the latest version of samba, and I am using Webmin to operate my system, I have RedHat Guinness, and I'm having problems getting the daemons to start. I have NO idea why they won't start. I have tried all I can think of. There was no SMB file when I finished compiling it, so I took the one from the packaging directory. It didn't work, it just fails, because it can't find the daemons. I tried moving smbd and nmbd to the sbin directory, but it doesn't help. Can anybody either direct me to some step by step instructions, or does anyone recognize the problem I'm having?