[Samba] printer driver installation yet again (as if anyone here cared...)

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Thu Feb 28 06:05:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

got a samba server which serves tons of printers. ok, 70. With some of
them, driver installation from a win2k client works, with some it
doesnt. printers are ALL configured the same in smb.conf:

[(name in unix printing system)]
	comment = model of printer
	path = /tmp
	printable = yes
	browseable = yes

for example:
[ljwasat]
        comment = Hewlett Packard LaserJet 4000 N
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes

[ljwega]
        comment = Hewlett Packard LaserJet 4050 N
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes

now comes the trick part: when I go to 'new driver' in the printer
properties dialogbox for ljwega and set a new driver, driver gets
uploaded to samba server. when I do the same for ljwasat, the driver is
installed locally.

any hints?

in fact, does anybody READ this?

bye