[Samba] Re: Samba wins help (nsswitch)

Dragos Delcea dragos.delcea at farmexim.ro
Wed Feb 27 23:48:00 GMT 2002

hello,
have you installed samba from source ?
if so, go to source directory, do a 'make nsswitch/libnss_wins.so',
copy nsswitch/libnss_wins.so to /lib/libnss_wins.so.2,
add in /etc/nsswitch.conf a wins entry to the hosts line:
'hosts files dns wins', don't forget to add in your smb.conf (you  have
to have it) an entry for your wins server (IP address) and you can start
resolving names!
If you have redhat's rpms, then you should only take care about adding
wins to /etc/nsswitch.conf and the IP addres of the wins server to
smb.conf...
good luck,
dragos