[Samba] Winbind Authentication on HP-UX 11 works

Mike samba at miratek.com
Wed Feb 27 13:42:42 GMT 2002

With the help Don McCall and other posts on the samba list we get
WINBIND and PAM to work on HP-UX 11.x servers to authenticate with NT
domain.

If any one wants the documentation or the binaries please e-mail me.

The only big question I have is, how can I logon to the HP-UX server
without having to specify the DOMAIN+ before the username. We can telnet
using DOMAIN+USERNAME, is there a way to telnet by just specifying the
USERNAME. We have only one Domain and there are no similar usernames
between HP-UX and NT.

Any suggestions or pointers are greatly appreciated,

Mike