[Samba] build for rh7.2 dated Feb 7 2002 good

Bob Hartung rwhart at netexpress.net
Wed Feb 27 13:04:06 GMT 2002

Hi,
   I have downloaded and installed samba 2.2.3a from one of the mirror
sites.  The rpm is dated FEb 7 2002.  There is a README dated FEb 6 2002
that talks about corrupted files.  I am presuming that the Feb 7 version is
therefore okay!  [right? wrong?]

   Anyway,  I can " smbd -D; nmbd -D " and then do a ps -ef | grep mbd and
I only see the nmbd daemon.  Is this expected behavior?  There is no share
visible even though the smb.conf file worked on an earlier installation.

Thanks,

Bob
--

Bob Hartung, Bettendorf, IA