[Samba] setting time on win9x

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Wed Feb 27 12:17:03 GMT 2002

opps forgot to say im running 2.2.3a on suse 7.3 linux.

I have added the line time server = Yes to my smb.conf file. All my win2k
machines can do a net time \\servername  /set an answer yes an the time is
set to what is on samba server. Now the win9x machines will not do it.
gives me an error # 2103, the server you specified can not be found. Is
this a problem with win9x machines or do i need to do something else to get
the time to be set from the server. I'm not setup as a PDC yet, can ot get
that working but not needed yet. thanks for the help

jack malone
Network Administrator
EAST TEXAS LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND
dba HORIZON INDUSTRIES