[Samba] Help again for Samba 3.0

Mats olsson mace2442 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:02:29 GMT 2002

Hi sönke

I have had the same problem with a Linux box and W2KSP2. This is how i
solved it

1. Create a account for the computer in the passwd (not smbpasswd) file
for a computer brum it should say brum$

2. add this account to smbpasswd with smbpasswd -a -m brum

3. add a unix admin account to th smbpasswd. I cheated and used root
smbpasswd -a root

4. on the W2K box join the domain with the root account

/mats