[Samba] Security Fixes

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Feb 27 10:53:05 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, David L Nickel wrote:

> Are there any major security fixes that are not addressed in latest Solaris
> Binary that are addressed in 2.2.3a source?

To our knownledge, 2.2.3a covers all reported security issues.
I believe Shiresh was the one who generated the Solaris
packaging so as long as the latest package is for 2.2.3a
you should be in good shape.  Although there are a few bugs in this
release that we are working on for 2.2.4.

The ones I mainly familar with relate to printing.  Although there
have been other reports on this list which Jeremy is working
as well (offline folders with win2k clients, winbindd not responding,
etc...)  We're working on confirming and fixing these issues.
Wish I had more information for you.  Sorry.

cheers, jerry