[Samba] Re: 2.2.3a as a PDC for Win2k Pro and/or WinXP Pro

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Wed Feb 27 00:36:14 GMT 2002

Deryk Robosson wrote:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> I can't speak on Win2k Pro but have recently tested WinXP Pro.  Now with
> XP you will need to use the reg file included with the samba archive (in
> a sub directory in the docs dir).  Once that has been applied (presuming
> all accounts have already been created on server) you can join the
> domain and log in no problems.

Already done that. Still get on BOTH winXP pro and Win2k pro the same
error: 'cant log on because the domain is not available'. Also I see NO
activity on behalf of the clients in the server's logfile. My idea right
now poits in the direction that the smbd is running on the very same
machine as my packet-filtering firewall... Shall dig there further this
evening.

tnx anyways,
	MH