[Samba] PATCH: Samba/Win2K renaming bug

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Feb 26 12:18:35 GMT 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:50:33AM -0800, Flynn wrote:
> Hi there.  I'm running Samba 2.2.3a on RedHat 7.1 + kernel 2.4.17.  My
> girlfriend's laptop is running Windows 2000 + service pack 2.  She has
> about a thousand MP3s stored on a Samba share on my RedHat machine.  We
> were finding that she couldn't rename any MP3s on the Samba share: she
> would always get a sharing violation.

Can you explain *exactly* how to reproduce this please, including
what client application is in use, what operations to use, with this
app, what the smb.conf looks like.

I don't *think* your code is correct, but I'd love to see a reproducible
test case for this, so I can examine it further (ie. your code may
be right, but I need to see it for myself :-).

Thanks,

	Jeremy.