[SAMBA] Known limitations? (IRIX + Samba 2.2.3a + Winbind)

Thomas, Daniel J. Daniel.Thomas at jhuapl.edu
Tue Feb 26 11:03:08 GMT 2002

Anyone know of a brief overview of the expected limitations on an IRIX
system running Samba 2.2.3a +Winbind?  Everything seems to least work, but I
still find some odd permissions things going on.  The IRIX machine is
authenticating NT users from my NT domain OK and I can specify user rights
to files, but when you do a long listing under IRIX it list the file as
being owned by DOMAIN-NAME with group DOMAIN-NAME, where DOMAIN-NAME is the
name of my NT Domain.  Strange.  Also, It does not seems to be following NT
user group definitions.  I created a file as a user and added "Domain
Admins" with full access rights, but after login on as
DOMAIN-NAME\Administrator I wasn't able to write to the file.  Any ideas?

Also, when I define the read access and write access lists in my smb.conf
file, do I specify the NT Domain users, do I use just he user name or the
DOMAIN+USERNAME? (+ is my separator defined in winbind).

On the same subject, how would I define an entire NT user group or all users
of a certain domain to have Read or Read/Write access?

-Dan

Daniel J. Thomas
Systems Administrator
Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Laboratory
Laurel, MD

Balt:    (443) 778-7924
Wash:  (240) 228-7924

"Always avoid a bad file copy...
You can never know when your replication proceeds you."
                               -Anonymous Author