[Samba] winbind problem with existing linux user accounts. (Samba 2.2.3a)

Ariel Mella samba at nebula-sa.com.ar
Tue Feb 26 09:59:01 GMT 2002

Mathews:

In your smb.conf you have to put somewhere whats uids winbind can take off.
[global]
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
this maps each ad or pdc account to a valid unix id.
this means that the user "fred" you are mentioning have already a uid in the
linux+winbind box.
but if you already have a "fred" account in the linux box and a "fred"
account in the ad or pdc and winbind is running the results is a unix
account and ad or pdc account that ar equal in name "fred" but different
uid.
i think that this is your problem.