[Samba] Samba-2.2.3a and Win95?

Eirik.Thorsnes at fys.uib.no Eirik.Thorsnes at fys.uib.no
Mon Feb 25 12:43:08 GMT 2002

Hi,
I have been working to find out what seems to be the same problem at my
setup. I tried the SAMBA_2_2 cvs as of 20020220, and had to revert to version
2.2.2 to get it to work again. I first noticed that win95 (but not all of
them) could not find the PDC - but it didn't help when I wrote static entries
into lmhosts on the client - then I only got so far as to get the same
log-entry as you have below. For some strange reason - setting the client to
static IP (from dhcp) solved the problem for one client - but not another one
I tried it with.

I have two separate subnets here and that complicates the diagnostics.

I also got some reports of login troubles from win2000 with this version -
but that could be a coincidence.

Eirik Thorsnes