[Samba] offline folders problem with W2k SP2

Tommy Eriksson tommy.eriksson at ctakt.com
Mon Feb 25 09:13:42 GMT 2002

On Thu Feb 21 01:53:08 2002, Robert.Fenk at gmx.de wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Try setting "nt acl support = no" in the share you wish to
> >
> > Unfortunately this doies not help!
> >

> Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?  I just set up a new
samba
> 2.2.3a server with a laptop running w2k sp2 and get this exact same
> problem.. The "nt acl support = no" seems to have no effect.
>
> I'm attempting to downgrade to samba-2.0.10 to see if it solves the
problem.

I have experianced a similar problem:

We are running samba (2.2.3a)to serve a small number of clients (approx 20)
about half of them are laptops. We are running Windows 2000 on our clients
(No service packs installed). We had no problem with offline files until we
bought a new laptop (Windows 2000 SP 2). On this new laptop we got an errro
saying that the file couldn't be found as soon as we tried to open a offline
file in offline mode. So we tried to downgrade the client to windows 2000,
but we are still having the same problem. Our conclusion is that it is not
possible to "create new offline folders" with samba 2.2.3a, regardless of
which version of Windows 2000 we are using.

Can someone confim this and if possible give a hint to a solution to this
problem. The new laptop was my boss:es so I really want to solve this one
:-)

/Tommy

C-takt AB
Tel.direkt: 031 - 81 86 15