[Samba] Samba 3.0 - home directories are displayed as strange ascii characters when browsing

Paul Miller paul-samba at pinheiro.tcimet.net
Mon Feb 25 09:06:02 GMT 2002

Hello all,

With Samba 3.0, my home directories are displayed as strange ascii
characters when browsing.  All the other share names work fine.  Anyone
else experiencing similar problems?  I wondering if it has to do with a
code page or something and anyway to fix it.  I've been having this
problem since I tried Samba 3.0 alpha 13 and it still persists in cvs
head today.  (I have tried fresh installs too).  Debian Linux 3.0,
kernel 2.4.17-xfs.

Thanks,
-Paul