[Samba] Win2K printer settings not remembered

Dave STevenson dave.stevenson at durham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 03:44:06 GMT 2002

I've seen a few messages about "default settings" not being remembered
on printers
settings saved on server. This NT4/Win2K difference caught me out. (Red
face)

As a printer administrator or root set the defaults with the Advanced
Tab/Printer Defaults of
printer properties on the server, NOT printing preferences. As (I think
) I understand it, the per user
devicemode will be set from the Printing Defaults initially then from
the Profile. Setting with Printing Preferences under W2K will only set
the Per user prefs for your logon, and if you use a mandatory
profile these will be lost when you log off. Seems to work fine.

I haven't tried yet but I guess setting the per user preferences in the
man profile would do a "belt and braces" job of it.

Taken from  srv_spoolss_nt.c... (2.4pre 21-02-02 dunno about earlier
versions) Thanx to JerryC? & JFM?