[Samba] samba - linux RedHat and win2k

Lok Yek Soon slok00 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 02:49:04 GMT 2002

I have a PC running RedHat 7.2 with 2 network interfaces (eth0 and eth1).

eth1 uses static IP (192.168.0.1) and is used to connect to internal
network. eth0 uses dhcp and get IP address from cable provider.
It is also setup with IP Masquerade.

I have SAMBA configured on the PC but from win2k is still not able to see
the share.

My win2k is a standalone machine that doesn't logon to any domain. It can
ping the Linux machine as
it goes through the Linux machine to access to Internet etc. It is assigned
IP 192.168.0.2

smb.conf as follows
====
hosts allow = 192.168.0.2

encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

interfaces = 192.168.0.1/24

[slok]
comment = slok home
path = /home/slok
browseable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
valid users = slok
create mode = 0775
directory mode = 0775

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writable = yes
valid users = %S
create mode = 0664
directory mode = 0775
# If you want users samba doesn't recognize to be mapped to a guest user
; map to guest = bad user

comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writable = yes