[Samba] Large Roaming profiles

tarjei at nu.no tarjei at nu.no
Mon Feb 25 02:03:03 GMT 2002

Would you mind writing a quick hoto (i.e. just the basics) on this?

Also, what you can do, using this method is:
1. Make a manatory profile
2. Change registry records to use H\.profile\<dirs> for the desktop+ ++
3. Thus, when a user loggs on, he downloads a small profile and that is
directed to his own share.

Large roaming profiles seems to me to be a problem for everyone using
samba. If someone could hack up a .pol file for thie (or even better a
.adm file) then this problem could be solved once and for all.

The other posibility here is to use a .reg file after logon, through the
login script, but I haven't managed to get this working.

Tarjei

If someone would