[Samba] offline folders problem with W2k SP2

jphillips at ergonet-ent.com jphillips at ergonet-ent.com
Sun Feb 24 17:07:02 GMT 2002

On Thu Feb 21 01:53:08 2002, Robert.Fenk at gmx.de wrote:
> [...]
> > > had samba 2.1.?? version and Win2k running for some time and
> > > offline folders worked just fine.  But recently I installed
> > > SP2 on Win2k and did a samba upgrade to 2.2.3 and now the
> > > offline folders do not work any more.  Everything is fine
> > > until I go offline, */CSC/ contains my offline files and
> > > everything seems fine, but when being offline I always get
> > > access denied messages when accessing offline files.
> > > I am still able to brows the offline folders, but none of the
> > > files.
> > >
> > > So should I downgrade from SP2, samba 2.2.3 or both?
> >
> > Try setting "nt acl support = no" in the share you wish to
>
> Unfortunately this doies not help!

Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?  I just set up a new samba
2.2.3a server with a laptop running w2k sp2 and get this exact same
problem.. The "nt acl support = no" seems to have no effect.

I'm attempting to downgrade to samba-2.0.10 to see if it solves the problem.

 ---
Jim Phillips
President/CEO
Ergonet Enterprises, Inc.