[Samba] newbie questions: different domains in Samba?

Bernd Prager bernd at prager.ws
Sun Feb 24 12:57:06 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm having a basic question.

I want to use my notebook at the office as well as at home. Win2K is
configured
to log into a NT domain MYCOMPANY. My Samba server is configured to run as
NT domain HOME. Since I don't have rights to "add a workstation" in the
MYCOMPANY domain I understand that can't switch my local configuration
to something different then MYCOMPANY because I couldn't switch it back.
This is supposed to be a NT security issue. Is that right?

I don't like the idea to rename my HOME domain into MYCOMPANY to make that
working. Is there a way to access HOME domain resources without changing
the notebook domain configuration?

I can see the HOME domain, but I cannot access it. I get the error message
'The account is not authorized to log in from this station'.

Thanks for any help,
-- Bernd