[Samba] Large Roaming profiles

dumon dumon at club-internet.fr
Sun Feb 24 06:29:05 GMT 2002

Under Win 2000, roaming accounts are totally locally cached ( even if the
user didn't log on the workstation) at log time and are copied when the user
unlog himself.

It can take some time to log on and log off if you have big roaming account.
When the account is very big ( up to 1.5 Gbytes), the transfert can be
corrupted. I notice that a 800 Mbytes account in a 100Mb LAN is not
corrupted. It depends on the time the workstation copy the files to the
server.