[Samba] Samba as PDC -- trouble with a UID

Ferry Huberts ferry at hupie.com
Sun Feb 24 03:42:03 GMT 2002

Hi!

This weekend I converted my Samba server to a PDC. However I have some
trouble with the UID of one of my users.

This user somehow is sending UID=0 to my pop3 server, which will then not
allow the login. I had to fix it temporarily by allowing root login into the
pop3 server but I don't like this.

I think this user got messed up (the user name already existed on the PDC,
no root privileges) when I joined the domain from a W2K workstation on which
the user had the same name but had administrator privileges.

I tried rejoining with the domain, going trhough the samba user and password
files and some other stuff but I can't seem to get it right.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on and how to fix it?

thanks!
/Ferry

PS. the other users work fine!