[Samba] Trouble with "include" statements and "netbios aliases"

Mark Rupright mrupright at juno.com
Sat Feb 23 21:18:02 GMT 2002

Hey all,

I have been having problems trying to use include statements with
netbios aliases.  I have setup our file server at work to replace two
older DiscZerver (brandname) storage devices. The netbios aliases work
fine and I can connect to my shares, but I want to include different
config files for my shares, instead of having to rely on the smb.conf
file for all my definitions. Example

netbios aliases = server1 server2
include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L

I have an smb.conf.server1 file and samba should read this file for
when I connect to server1 and read its contents and bypass the rest of
smb.conf.  But it doesn't work.  Samba doesn't see it.  Anyone
experience this?  Thanks for all the help, please tell me if more info
is needed.  THANKS