[Samba] Samba as a PDC and Win2k as clients

aleksey zakharov aleksey_samba at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 16:04:10 GMT 2002

Hello, I am trying to make my samba server act as a
PDC for my win2k clients. I have set my samba up and
amble to view the shares. I have also edited my samba
to include lines like
logon script = %U.bat
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
domain logons = Yes
after I restart everything, I try to add my win2k
client to my samba Domain using my existing samba
username & password and specify win2k computer name.
But instead I get this message
"Your computer could not be joined to the domain
because the following error has occured:
The account used is a computer account. Use your
global user account or local user account to access
this server."
If i specify a wring password I get a message like
"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."
Please help me or at least point me into the right
direction
Thans allot in advance.