[Samba] Outlook XP/2002 with Samba

Scarff, Chris J Mr (GD) 513TH scarffc at MI513.gordon.army.mil
Fri Feb 22 13:37:04 GMT 2002

Please help,

We've searched high and low for a solution, but nothing.  We're upgrading
our Office 2000 to Office XP on Metaframe 1.8/NT TSE.  We use a Samba 2.0.7
and 2.2.2 on Solaris 2.6 and 2.8 respectively.  Both are disallowing the
user to write to their outlook.pst file.  What's more, we can compact the
PST file, but ONLY OUTSIDE of outlook (example, right clicking on properties
of Outlook icon). We can even delete messages in the PST file and "Empty the
trash bin".

We can read the email inside the PST files, but just can't "Send/Receive"
without getting the write permission or access denied error message.

We've tried two different versions of Samba, on two different versions of
Solaris.

Do you think Samba 2.2.3a will help?  We don't think so by the indications
in 2.2.3's release notes.

Please advice,

Thanks,

Chris Scarff