[Samba] smb.conf example

Ramanand Singh rsingh at nalandatech.com
Fri Feb 22 11:36:09 GMT 2002

I have just installed Samba 2.2.3a on a Sun/Sparc machine running Solaris 8,
and configured it to work. However, I can not use "net use k:
\\sambaserver\servicename from my pc. Can somebody provide me an example
smb.conf file for a samba installation on a Solaris machine, which has the
following capabilities:

- allows pc users to login/use disk space on the Solaris (samba server).
- allows user name mapping from pc users (usually the full name - firstname
lastname) to Unix (Solaris) userid (e.g., jsmith).
- allows the Solaris machine (the samba server) to mount pc drives to access
them from Solaris machine.
- uses security for resource access to and from the samba server machine.

Regards,
Ramanand Singh
rsingh at nalandatech.com