[Samba] Software distribution using Wininstall/ZEN

Helmut Kraemer helmut.kraemer at inka.de
Fri Feb 22 08:46:04 GMT 2002

I had the opportunity to see a W2k-Server/W2k-Client system demonstrating
software distribution using the included
             WinInstall light

I know that Novell/NDS has something similar with its ZEN-packages.
I was very impressed of this feature, but was told that linux with samba is
not able to handled software distribution in this way.

I am using a SuSE7.0/samba2.2.1a system with 15 Windows2000 Clients.

Is anybody out there who knows that there is something on the market
similar to          	ZEN for novell
or		WinInstall for Windows2000
What about NDS client for linux?

Thanks