[Samba] How do I remove printer drivers from print$

Ben Tullis ben.tullis at infomatrix.com
Fri Feb 22 03:00:10 GMT 2002

I am running 2.2.2-5 for Debian. Here is my smb.conf file, with a few of the
shares stripped out for brevity.

I have just added "show add printer wizard = yes" and executed
/etc/init.d/samba reload. I don't think anything has changed so far, but at
the end of the day I will do a restart and see what happens then.

Many thanks for the support.  I am hoping to have this fixed by the next
time someone on 9x wants to print in colour!

Interestingly, testparm outputs the old definition of:
printer driver file = /etc/samba/printers.def

as well as my entries.  Since this file doesn't exist, I am at a loss as to
where the information about the drivers installed is kept.  If I remove the
files from print$, the server still believes it has those files.

Cheers.

Ben Tullis

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2001/10/31 13:38:24

# Global parameters
[global]
	interfaces = 192.168.1.200/24
	netbios name = SKINNER
	workgroup = INFOMATRIX
	password level = 2
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.smb
	max log size = 1000

	os level = 65
	preferred master = Yes
	local master = Yes
	wins support = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	domain logons = Yes
	logon path =
	logon home =
	logon script = %u.bat
	logon drive = h:

	preload = homes
	map archive = No
	encrypt passwords = yes
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
	passwd program = /bin/passwd
	update encrypted = No
	unix password sync = No
	pam password change = No
	obey pam restrictions = No

	printing = bsd
	load printers = yes
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	printer admin = @lpadmin
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq %p
	print command = lpr -r -P'%p' %s
	lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j
	lppause command =
	lpresume command =
	show add printer wizard = yes

	security = USER
	guest account = pcguest
	client code page = 850
	map to guest = Never
	null passwords = No
	restrict anonymous = No
	username map = /etc/samba/user_map
	admin users = root

	timestamp logs = Yes
	protocol = NT1
	nt smb support = Yes
	nt acl support = Yes
	nt pipe support = Yes
	announce version = 4.5
	announce as = NT
	name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
	time server = Yes
	keepalive = 300
	strip dot = No
	kernel oplocks = Yes