Antwort: [Samba] How do I setup a non passworded standard samba user that all windows users can access?

thomas_tiedtke at de.schindler.com thomas_tiedtke at de.schindler.com
Fri Feb 22 02:51:22 GMT 2002

Hi Stuart,

take a look at the "map to guest" in the global section. If you set this
to "Bad User", all connection with a invalid account (ie. no UNIX account)
will be mapped to the "guest account" (also in the global section). Next
step is to set the "create mask" to 666, the "directory mask" to 777 and
the "force user" to your guest account in the share section.

[globals]
map to guest = Bad User
guest account = your_guest_account          (must be a valid account,
without password [*], home path and login shell)

[you share]
force user =  your_guest_account
create mask = 0666
directory mask = 0777

Be prudent with the contents of the share!

Regards, Thomas

Gesendet von:   samba-admin at lists.samba.org