[Samba] newbie

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Fri Feb 22 01:46:02 GMT 2002

# sriram # wrote:

> hi all
>
> am new to this list
>
> my problem is i connect to a windoze printer and execute a print job using print but the printed matter is horrible...

do I get this right, you print from a unix machine, but ht eprinter is
connected to a windows box?

> i get only a single line in the printout...

and that line is having the 'stairs effect' like this:
this is
        a line of
                  text with stairs

which unix (linux, i presume) are you using? does that one have some
kind of printer setup? you shouldnt just 'connect to' a printer but if I
guess right (If you had provided more infos at first, I wouldnt have to
guess), you should be able to find some printer setup tool within your
admin tools. There, configure the 'printer connection' you made with
that windows box to convert ascii text from 'unix line endings' to
'MS-DOS line endings'.

bye
	MH