[Samba] WINS query

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Thu Feb 21 11:50:08 GMT 2002

Thanks.  But now another question.  When I try to query the WINS from my
192.168.26.x subnet, I don't get a successful response.  But if I run
the same query from within the same subnet (172.28.x.x), I get a
successful response.

The 2 subnets are connected via vpn.

here's the output:

[rcd at local ~]$ nmblookup -U wins.amherst.com -R dcd -d3
Initialising global parameters
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file
"/etc/samba/smb.conf"
Processing section "[global]"
added interface ip=192.168.26.21 bcast=192.168.26.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
bind succeeded on port 0
Socket opened.
querying dcd on 172.28.254.41
Negative name query response, rcode 0x03: The name requested does not
exist.
name_query failed to find name dcd

--

-Rob