[Samba] Unable to access Samba shares from Windows XP home edition

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Thu Feb 21 11:43:50 GMT 2002

No, no. no!  You missed the really important part of his question: "Windows
XP Home".
   ^^^^

If I am not mistaken, XP Home is written so it CANNOT connect to a
domain-based (read: Windows server) network.  Since Samba is an
implementation of the same SMB protocol that Windows servers use, I would
expect that the limitation would extend to Samba as well.  :-(

- john

--On Thursday, February 21, 2002 8:04 PM +0100 Anders Widman