[Samba] Windows changes file ownership & ACL's - any solution ?

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 07:13:06 GMT 2002

I thought I had read a response to this.  Went something like this:

Word (and lots of others such apps) do not actually deal with the original
file.  They create a temporary file which overwrites the original when you
save the new document.  The 'new' file of course inherits the new editor's
ownership.

Hope this helps you.

Noel