[Samba] CIFS Session transfer

Sivaselvam, CN cn.sivaselvam at digital.com
Thu Feb 21 01:50:26 GMT 2002

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inputs.

I agree that we need a server preying for other servers.

The catch here is there should not be any need to change the CIFS client.
The solution should work with any CIFS client without having to change the
CIFS client or without having to add some service over CIFS client. I will
only have the liberty to change the CIFS server implementation to provide
this solution. All the CIFS servers participating in this solution can be
aware of this extensions to the CIFS behavior.

-Siva