[Samba] Printer installation with imprints package

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Thu Feb 21 01:40:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a samba 2.2.2 on HP-UX 11, serving a few printers. When I install
a new driver via win2000' printer properties dialogue it works fine.
When I try to do the same from unix with the imprints package, ist
screwed. The driver files get uploaded, but they don't register as an
installed driver, with rpcclient 'enumdrivers' I don't 'see' them.

When I set the imprints install_printer_drivers.pl script to 'debug' and
watch the output I see a rpcclient command giving back
'NT_STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED', but when I do the SAME command for
rpcclient myself I get NT_STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, and when I try the
very same command in the same rpcclient session, rpcclient crashes:

rpcclient $> adddriver "Windows NT x86" "HP LaserJet 4050 Series
PCL....."    <----- the same long list of driver dll's as in the script
here

PANIC: assert failed at rpc_client/cli_pipe.c(1199)
PANIC: assert failed
Abort(coredump)

any hints for me?

bye