[Samba] Samba Port Question

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Feb 20 19:28:03 GMT 2002

cat /etc/services | grep -i bios

netbios-ns	137/tcp				# NETBIOS Name Service
netbios-ns	137/udp
netbios-dgm	138/tcp				# NETBIOS Datagram Service
netbios-dgm	138/udp
netbios-ssn	139/tcp				# NETBIOS session service
netbios-ssn	139/udp

There may be some other funny ports which windows clients try to use on
occasion, but you can monitor your firewall logs to see what if anything
is being blocked.

Joel