[Samba] Need help with Brlock.tdb and Locking.tdb

Danny.B at web.de Danny.B at web.de
Wed Feb 20 04:40:04 GMT 2002

Hi all,

i am trying to run Samba 2.2.3a under a RedHat 7.2 i386 machine. After i compiled and installed the packages, i made a smb.conf up. Just some standard stuff nothing special. Now, when i start smbd and then check it with smbstatus it gives me this error :

Samba version 2.2.3a
Service uid gid pid machine

tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/cache/samba/brlock.tdb: No such file or directory
Failed to open byte range locking database
tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/cache/samba/locking.tdb: No such file or directory
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

i checked if a file locking.tdb and brlock.tdb exits on my system, but there nowhere to be found.

Thank´s

Greetz

Danny