[Samba] Is there something missing?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Tue Feb 19 19:09:38 GMT 2002

Hello All,

I hope that you are all doing well. I have been trying to get Samba
setup and running on my Redhat 7.2 box so that users on Windows
machines can login and be connected to their directory.

The problem is that no matter what I try, I can see the Samba server
from the Windows machine, but it keeps telling me that the password
was not recognized and is the same linux password for each user.

I cannot even see a general open directory on the Samba server and
have tried playing around with just about all of the default settings
in the smb.conf and am now starting back with a fresh default
smb.conf file. that came with the rpm install.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on here and how
I might be able to fix it?

Any ideas on the configuration setting would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lonnie

--
 Lonnie Cumberland